wife, mom, scrapbooker.

Friday, June 17, 2005

Proud


This is the face of one proud little girl!
If you'll remember, a few weeks ago there was an incident while my sister was watching Ally where she nearly drowned. Since then, Ally has been terrified of any water deeper than the standard 1 1/2 feet found in baby pools. Reassuring her that we would take her in to deeper waters and NOT let go did nothing. She'd scream bloody murder. Who could blame her for being afraid, really? So before the said incident, I had signed her up for swimming lessons that began yesterday. We have been preparing her for the past couple weeks, reminding her that she would be safe with her teachers. She kept saying that she didn't want to go, and would proceed to give me her infamous pout. I was this close to withdrawing her from classes and being out $50. I'm not a parent who likes to force things on my kids...especially when it comes to things they're afraid of. (Who am I kidding? I dare anyone to try to force ANYthing onto the world's most stubborn 3 year old..) Anyway, on Wednesday, I picked up Ally from Rebecca's (my sister) neighborhood pool where they had been swimming all morning. My sister immediately ran to me and said, "Come watch Ally..you won't believe it!" I didn't know what to expect, but Becca said to Ally, "Ally, show me your bobbies!" Ally then smiled, and bobbed UNDERWATER for a good three seconds. I wasn't hallucinating, my child went underwater voluntairily! I asked my sister HOW she got her to do that, and she said that Ally just saw her cousin Matthew doing it, and she did it too. Wow.
Needless to say, Ally went to her first swimming lesson yesterday..and LOVED it. I snapped this picture before we left. My proud little girl..if you could see me, my smile is twice as wide. :)

9 You say...

  • At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Emily Kate said…

    Oh my gosh. She is too precious! That's the cutest little face I've ever seen!!

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Jessi said…

    I could eat her up! She is adorable!!!!!! Go Ally!!!!!

     
  • At 9:23 PM, Blogger Rebekah said…

    YEAH! congrats to ally! and amy, that is just the sweetest picture!! she is so C-U-T-E!!

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Anonymous debi said…

    Oh, I'm thrilled she's swimming! That must make you feel so dang good! Sure made me smile! :)

     
  • At 8:31 PM, Anonymous chris said…

    you should be so dang proud! congrats and she is just off the hook cute!

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Chiara said…

    OH that is so awesome. I have a nephew who had a near drowning in a pool and I am a proponent of swim lessons my three year old just started swim lessons and follows one of her cousins in whatever he does.

    Good luck.

     
  • At 8:23 PM, Blogger Thena said…

    What a beautiful little girl! She has a right to be proud!!!

     
  • At 6:12 AM, Anonymous Linda Harrison said…

    And just when I thought the pictures of her couldn't get any cuter...


    So happy to hear she has overcome her fear. Best of luck with all the swimming to come!! :)

     
  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger doris said…

    :) yea!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home